Sunday, April 4, 2010

Clash of the Titans

I saw the new Clash of the Titans earlier today, and I must say that it's really good. Now, some might complain that it's not faithful enough to the original, but in my mind, the original was perfect. So, to me, the only justification for making a new one would be to do a reimagining of the original tale, and that's exactly what they did.
One thing I want to especially touch upon is Liam Neeson's performance as Zues. His portayal of the Ruler of the Gods was superb. He captures Zues' strong and regal side as well as his wise and gentle fatherly side perfectly. And Ralph Fiennes is Hades. His performance as the God of the Underworld is by far the best I've ever seen in cinema. I'll definitely be picking this one up when it comes out on DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment