Friday, March 26, 2010

Nemesis #1



I picked up a copy of this earlier this week, and I gotta say it was excellent start. The art was completely gorgeous. I think this might be Steve McNiven's best work yet, or at least as good as Old Man Logan. As for the story itself, Millar set up a mighty interesting adventure. While reading it, I got the feel of a mix between a Dirty Harry film and political thriller like Patriot Games, which is definitely an intriguing combination.

As for the main players, Blake Morrow was essentially what Harry Callahan would be like if he made Police Chief to me, making him an excellent hero for me to root for. And Nemesis still remains somewhat of an enigma. The story has only just begun, so there is very little that we know about this Villain, but I'm sure more will be revealed and explained as the story continues. I'll definitely be sticking with this book to see where it goes.


There is one other thing I would like to bring up. It seemed to me that Millar is writing this in a cinematic style, much like Old Man Logan. Now, I don't find anything wrong with that, but I do think that that makes it one of those stories that are better read as a whole rather than broken up by a month to month release. I say this because I read OML both as it came out and as a whole when it was released in Hardcover, and I found the experience of reading it as a whole to be much more satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment